Duchy of Rogarvia
Located in eastern and central Rostland, the Duchy of Rogarvia consists of the lands of the vanished ruling house of Brevoy and its sworn subjects. The Duchy has eight principal subjects, six barons and two lord mayors.
- House Rogarvia of New Stetven – In additional to the duchal title, Rogarvia held title as the Barons of Stetven, a former capital which was ruined by fire. The Rogarvian barony consists of fertile lands on the shores of Lake Reykal near New Stetven along with mountainous wilderness near Lake Stetven and the Valley of Fire. House Surtova claims that its regency extends to the duchal and baronal titles.
- House Kovachev of Kyustendil – Located on the Stetven River between Lakes Stetven and Reykal, this house controls the southern reaches of the Gronzi Forest. The Kovachevs are aloof from Rogarvia politics and would likely defect to House Medvyed’s suzerainty if given the chance.
- House Drelev of Easthold – Located in far eastern Rostland, this house maintains watch along the border with Iobaria. The founder of House Drelev was a member of Choral’s invading army from Iobaria and received the honor of guarding the border for his efforts. A younger brother of the current baron has set his sights on claiming new territory in the Stolen Lands.
- House Mallory of Beaversdam – Located in far western Rogarvia, this house’s domains lie along the East Sellen River. The Mallory’s are the only barons to pre-date Choral’s rule; they survived because their army did not reach the Valley of Fire in time for the final battle. Among the baronal houses, they are most sympathetic to Aldori culture and possibility of a free Rostland.
- House Khavortorov of The White Keep – Located in southern Rogarvia, this house is known for its military prowess and its fine knights. They emulate the Aldori swordlords both in martial skills and hotheaded temperament. They are currently focused on currying favor with Surtova in hopes of claiming the duchal title and becoming a Great House in their own right, but their ambition could lead them to support rebellion if it comes.
- House Tamarkin of Balakovo – The wealthiest of Rogarvia’s subjects, House Tamarkin controls a vast expanse of fertile fields in central Rogarvia, on the trade route between New Steteven and Brunderton. They have a long-standing feud of Khavortorov exacerbated by the relative closeness of their two family seats.